Skip to main content

CDE Internship Day 2: Lights, Camera, Locked Out?!?

At Spark East for another great session with Gavin and ShopWindow. Today started off a bit different, we were locked out of the building! Through no one's fault, circumstances led to our second session being held at the cafe next door. Good music, good food and an understanding staff made it a fine substitute for a Spark workspace.

To start this session, we recapped our individual progress in our assigned Shop Window courses. I'm becoming more and more familiar with the usage of their technology. Gavin has given me access to virtual replica of ShopWindow, to learn, create and explore in. Once I have sufficient experience, I'm going to create a series of Webinars introducing new customers to the benefits of ShopWindow and helping current clients with any issues they may be experiencing. In addition, I've been tasked with contacting Template Designers, to start the process of integrating templates into the ShopWindow webpage builder tool.

After Nate took us through some SEO analytics, Gavin had me write and star in my first ShopWindow: Takeaway video. With some guidance, I wrote a three minute segment on how to easily turn a Touchpoint into a Conversion Mechanism using the cafe's events board flyers as examples and then we filmed it, a few times. Iteration was the key to success their. Writing and re-writing to craft the specific message we were aiming for in a causal, but informative style. My task now is to storyboard my video, utilize some animations and finalize the script.  Once filming wrapped, we recapped our tasks for next time and finally let those poor workers close up the cafe and go home.



Comments

  1. Great post. I like the storyline!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your video turned out great! It felt very natural and was the perfect length to get the information across. I look forward to seeing your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know where I can get a good camera from?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only suggestion is maybe using a mic

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CDE Internship Day 13: ShopWindow - Iterations of a Webinar: A New Song

Working on a single project with a single focus can be intense sometimes. The sole goal is for me right now is to create and deliver (4) amazing webinars on the subject of QR codes, how they might be making a comeback and bridge the gap between online and offline in 2019 and beyond. With that goal, I've studied and researched for hours and hours on the topic of QR codes. I know a lot about QR codes, maybe too much. This webinar preparation reminds me of my early days as a budding musician. I'd be excited to learn a new song and I would play a recording of that song on a loop to listen to over and over. Each time I listened to that song and studied it, it became a little less exciting and a little less fun. Around the time you have that new tune rehearsed well enough to perform in front of an audience, a paying audience, you kind of hate it. All that time and effort, practice and study, but if I had to listen to that song one more time... Here's the trick though, I'd p...

CDE Internship Day 4: Phone Interviews Go Askew (Listen Here)

Today started out with my focus on building off my previous scaffolding with the Takeaway Video and fleshing it out into a full-blown, researched, in-depth webinar on the benefits of QR codes in today's digital landscape. What better way to generate content than a classic phone interview with some experts. After outlining my interview questions, I found a quiet space in a corner of Spark-East and prepped for my first call. It's called coincidence for a reason, as I set up to start my phone interview, my interviewee Tina, called me first! I'd left a message with her the day before, but never expected to hear from her so soon. I started the conversation, excited to talk all about the benefits of QR codes in today's digital marketing. Within the first 3 questions, I got the impression that Tina wasn't as impressed with QR as I was led to believe. So when I asked, "do you use QR codes yourself currently or with your clients?" Tina quickly said, "No, no ...