Skip to main content

CDE Internship Day 7: ShopWindow - Webinars & now QR Booklets

Crushed it again on QR research, man do I know a lot about QR codes now! My day at Spark- East was split down the middle today. As you may have guessed, I worked on my slideshow for my webinar. I I researched proven and concrete examples to share with my potential viewers, focusing on actionable strategies they can implement themselves. Included is a sample of these new, revamped QR codes.

The second half of my day was spent on an exciting new project. Gavin came up with the idea of creating a small booklet on the ease and benefits of using QR codes for local businesses. We brainstormed the basic strategy and then located a Booklet Template online and started creating a really rough draft. Soon after we set out to find pricing from area printers. Within a short time we had fleshed out the booklet idea into a full-fledged project, which we can totally incorporate into my webinar series. Teamwork makes the dream work!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CDE Internship Day 13: ShopWindow - Iterations of a Webinar: A New Song

Working on a single project with a single focus can be intense sometimes. The sole goal is for me right now is to create and deliver (4) amazing webinars on the subject of QR codes, how they might be making a comeback and bridge the gap between online and offline in 2019 and beyond. With that goal, I've studied and researched for hours and hours on the topic of QR codes. I know a lot about QR codes, maybe too much. This webinar preparation reminds me of my early days as a budding musician. I'd be excited to learn a new song and I would play a recording of that song on a loop to listen to over and over. Each time I listened to that song and studied it, it became a little less exciting and a little less fun. Around the time you have that new tune rehearsed well enough to perform in front of an audience, a paying audience, you kind of hate it. All that time and effort, practice and study, but if I had to listen to that song one more time... Here's the trick though, I'd p...

CDE Internship Day 2: Lights, Camera, Locked Out?!?

At Spark East for another great session with Gavin and ShopWindow. Today started off a bit different, we were locked out of the building! Through no one's fault, circumstances led to our second session being held at the cafe next door. Good music, good food and an understanding staff made it a fine substitute for a Spark workspace. To start this session, we recapped our individual progress in our assigned Shop Window courses. I'm becoming more and more familiar with the usage of their technology. Gavin has given me access to virtual replica of ShopWindow, to learn, create and explore in. Once I have sufficient experience, I'm going to create a series of Webinars introducing new customers to the benefits of ShopWindow and helping current clients with any issues they may be experiencing. In addition, I've been tasked with contacting Template Designers, to start the process of integrating templates into the ShopWindow webpage builder tool. After Nate took us through so...

CDE Internship Day 4: Phone Interviews Go Askew (Listen Here)

Today started out with my focus on building off my previous scaffolding with the Takeaway Video and fleshing it out into a full-blown, researched, in-depth webinar on the benefits of QR codes in today's digital landscape. What better way to generate content than a classic phone interview with some experts. After outlining my interview questions, I found a quiet space in a corner of Spark-East and prepped for my first call. It's called coincidence for a reason, as I set up to start my phone interview, my interviewee Tina, called me first! I'd left a message with her the day before, but never expected to hear from her so soon. I started the conversation, excited to talk all about the benefits of QR codes in today's digital marketing. Within the first 3 questions, I got the impression that Tina wasn't as impressed with QR as I was led to believe. So when I asked, "do you use QR codes yourself currently or with your clients?" Tina quickly said, "No, no ...