Skip to main content

CDE Internship Day 6: ShopWindow - Research, Writing, Researching some more...

With the webinar series being my major focus, I spent most of today's time diving deep into 'Use Cases' for implementing QR codes in 2019. There is a distinct pattern to QR adoption by marketeers from 2011 to the present day. Initially, QR was hailed as the next big thing, a revolutionary new way to interact with the people at large. Many advertisers added QR to promotions, advertisements and events to utilize this new point and 'snap' ability (I've decided to popularize the term 'snap' to indicate capturing a QR code with your phone and successfully being presented with whatever that code is linked to). With a setup like that, why is it you don't 'snap' a QR everyday? It's all about the apps baby. Having to download a specific app to use the QR code killed the QR code. Event marketeers were getting complaints from festivals directors about having lower than usual attendance and then they take a hit from the other side, the ticket holders. They complained that they'd bought tickets on-line, but didn't have the right app to show gate attendants, so they were turned away. As my recent phone interview discover about QR codes, they left a bad taste in everybody's mouth.

With that, our job has become much harder. Viva la QR Revolution!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CDE Internship Day 13: ShopWindow - Iterations of a Webinar: A New Song

Working on a single project with a single focus can be intense sometimes. The sole goal is for me right now is to create and deliver (4) amazing webinars on the subject of QR codes, how they might be making a comeback and bridge the gap between online and offline in 2019 and beyond. With that goal, I've studied and researched for hours and hours on the topic of QR codes. I know a lot about QR codes, maybe too much. This webinar preparation reminds me of my early days as a budding musician. I'd be excited to learn a new song and I would play a recording of that song on a loop to listen to over and over. Each time I listened to that song and studied it, it became a little less exciting and a little less fun. Around the time you have that new tune rehearsed well enough to perform in front of an audience, a paying audience, you kind of hate it. All that time and effort, practice and study, but if I had to listen to that song one more time... Here's the trick though, I'd p...

CDE Internship Day 2: Lights, Camera, Locked Out?!?

At Spark East for another great session with Gavin and ShopWindow. Today started off a bit different, we were locked out of the building! Through no one's fault, circumstances led to our second session being held at the cafe next door. Good music, good food and an understanding staff made it a fine substitute for a Spark workspace. To start this session, we recapped our individual progress in our assigned Shop Window courses. I'm becoming more and more familiar with the usage of their technology. Gavin has given me access to virtual replica of ShopWindow, to learn, create and explore in. Once I have sufficient experience, I'm going to create a series of Webinars introducing new customers to the benefits of ShopWindow and helping current clients with any issues they may be experiencing. In addition, I've been tasked with contacting Template Designers, to start the process of integrating templates into the ShopWindow webpage builder tool. After Nate took us through so...

CDE Internship Day 4: Phone Interviews Go Askew (Listen Here)

Today started out with my focus on building off my previous scaffolding with the Takeaway Video and fleshing it out into a full-blown, researched, in-depth webinar on the benefits of QR codes in today's digital landscape. What better way to generate content than a classic phone interview with some experts. After outlining my interview questions, I found a quiet space in a corner of Spark-East and prepped for my first call. It's called coincidence for a reason, as I set up to start my phone interview, my interviewee Tina, called me first! I'd left a message with her the day before, but never expected to hear from her so soon. I started the conversation, excited to talk all about the benefits of QR codes in today's digital marketing. Within the first 3 questions, I got the impression that Tina wasn't as impressed with QR as I was led to believe. So when I asked, "do you use QR codes yourself currently or with your clients?" Tina quickly said, "No, no ...